There’s no denying it – we’re living in an highly connected world. So connected, that if your business isn’t keeping up an online presence, you could be missing out on a lot of potential clients.
Just having an account isn’t going to cut it, either. You need to be active and engaging on a regular basis to reap the full rewards.
Below you’ll find some tips to help your business take full advantage of marketing in the age of social media.
- Before deciding what you want to post on your business’s social media account, you need to figure out your audience. Not every post should be targeted to everyone; it’s more effective to gear individual posts to smaller groups of people. This not only makes your message more personal, but it keeps each post original.
- The types of posts you make also depend on which social media platform you’re using. What you post on Facebook should be different than what you post on LinkedIn.
- Format each post carefully - know who’s going to be reading, and target your posts to that audience.
Interaction is Key
- Once you’ve created a few social media accounts you need to stay on top of them. You’re going to have people posting on your page, asking questions, and “liking” content. To make the most of it, you have to interact.
- People hate being ignored. If a customer asks a question on your Facebook page and never gets an answer, there’s a good chance they’ll feel let down, and that’s not doing your business any favors.
- Instead, reply to questions (or ask some yourself). Find out your audience’s wants and needs and let them know you’re listening.
Utilize a Social Media Management Tool
- Things can get hectic if you’re trying to manage posts across multiple platforms. With a management tool such as Hootsuite, you can access and maintain all of your social media profiles from one location.
- Not only that, but you can use this tool to monitor how well your content is doing, and even create posts in advance and have them scheduled to go live whenever you see fit.
Make Use of Images and Video
- Writing quality content is great and all, but if all you ever post are paragraphs, readers may get bored. Liven things up a bit with images or videos that relate to your message.
- Stock photos are a fantastic way to do this, but try utilizing original images or videos to give them that personal touch.
- Consistency is crucial if you want your audience to stay interested. You need to post regularly so people come to expect content from you.
- Blogs are a good example of this. What do you think is more likely to be remembered – a blog that gets a new post twice a week like clockwork, or one that has 3 posts one month, 1 the next, and then nothing for weeks at a time?
You Have to Stay Connected
With the dozens of social media sites out there, it can be overwhelming keeping your business in the loop. Like it or not, social media is here to stay and more and more people are using it for things other than chatting with friends.
By establishing a quality online presence for your company, you’ll be able to stay relevant.
The best way to be heard is to go to where the people are.
And the people are on social media.